Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Round and Round and Round It Goes, Where It Stops Nobody Knows....

Where am I needed. I know I need to go somewhere, to experience something I have never experienced, to see the world in all her glory and in all her suffering as well. We have it too good here in the US. We complain about healthcare when there are people in the world who have nothing near healthcare. We complain about not having a dollar in our pocket when in some places, a dollar is more than enough to feed a child for month. We complain about our pillow being lumpy, our house being too cold, our rain being two wet when elsewhere they pray for rain, they pray for a pillow, and they shiver through the cold because they know, deep in their hearts, that the sun will come again to warm their souls.

Africa is calling my name, I can hear her voice in the wind, I can see her need in my heart and I can fell that is is the right place to be in my life. I need to give more than I need to receive. Yes, to have a job, a home, money, a family, that would be nice but at this point in my life, it's not what I want. Not at all. I want to see the world, I want to help those who need it, I want to learn the lessons of life that you can only learn around a fire from a village elder. I want to know how life is supposed to be live, how laughter is supposed to feel, how love can overcome all. I want to know the world so in turn, the world will know me. To make a child smile, to make a difference in a life, to change the future, that is what I am meant to do and it is worth more to me than any dollar I could ever earn.

No comments:

Post a Comment